[TowerTalk] Phillystran question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Phillystran question
From: n4gn@iglou.com (Tim Totten, N4GN)
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 18:53:56 -0500 (EST)
It seems I forgot to "ask for your free end installation instruction sheet
when ordering Phillystran guy cable."  Since I was planning to spend my
Saturday night installing the big grips and thimbles (wonder how many
33-year-old single guys are doing THAT tonight?!), and I've never
actually seen such an installation, I guess I'd better make sure I'm doing
this right.

For some reason I had the idea, before I bought all this stuff, that the
Philly would be put through the thimble, doubled back on itself, and the
grip would be wound around both strands.  Looking at the grips, it seems
they are designed to go around only ONE strand.  So I guess I just wrap
one half of the grip around the Philly, put the other end of the grip
through the thimble, then bring it back and wrap it around the Philly
(kinda interlocking helices around the Philly).  Is this right?

Any closeup pictures out there on the web someplace?

And what are the painted red lines on the grips trying to tell me?

Boy is this tower stuff humbling . . . I feel like a Novice all over
again!

73,

Tim Totten, n4gn@iglou.com
http://www.iglou.com/n4gn/