[TowerTalk] Back on the KT34XA re-cap/problems

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Back on the KT34XA re-cap/problems
From: k6ll@juno.com (k6ll@juno.com)
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 16:00:26 +0000

On Sun, 6 Dec 1998 18:48:26 -0800 (PST) Pat Barthelow <aa6eg@hh.tmx.com>
writes:

>Hello, Dave, et Tower talkians....
>
>I wonder if the approximately 10% (.032") diameter change in the
>capacitor
>tubing will have significant effect on tuning/performance of the
>KT-34XA?

That's a good point. If the INSIDE diameter of the tubing is
different from KLM original, it would throw off the capacitance.
The KT-34XA is complicated enough already without introducing
this additional uncertainty. If the I.D. is different at all,
I would recommend getting the tubing (and some unreamed caps)
from KLM.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ
K6LL@juno.com

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]