[TowerTalk] Back on the KT34XA re-cap/problems

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Back on the KT34XA re-cap/problems
From: thompson@mindspring.com (thompson@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 12:14:10 -0500

>Hello, Dave, et Tower talkians....
>
>I wonder if the approximately 10% (.032") diameter change in the capacitor
>tubing will have significant effect on tuning/performance of the KT-34XA?
>

>73, DX, de Pat, AA6EG/IJ
>aa6eg@hh.tmx.com
>
>599 DX Drive, Marina CA 93933

Pat and Towertalk,

I thought this might make some changes so I assembled the element and
brought out my MFJ 259 (the old version).   Since this is a director the
element should be above the dual driven element freq.   Here is what I find:

20 meters   14.390
15 meters    21.440
10 meters     29.15

The 2nd director (15 and 20) or 3rd director (10) looks like this:

20 meters  14.470
15 meters   21.490
10 meters    29.440
Looks like 20 meters is OK.  I may be close on 15 and 10.  Anybody know the
design freq for each of the KT34XA elements?

Dave K4JRB