[TowerTalk] Carolina Windom as inverted V

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Carolina Windom as inverted V
From: ag5t@hotmail.com (Marty Blaise)
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 20:27:34 PST
Hello to all.  I am considering joining your reflector as I have always
been interested in different types of antennas.  Maybe someone here can
help me with information on the Carolina Windom.  I am considering
getting one as a DX antenna.  I live on a small city lot, so I would
have to configure the antenna as an inverted V.  I have a telescoping
mast (push-up pole) on the end of my house.  The pole is about 37 feet
at the top.  I think this would allow me to have the entire vertical
radiator in the air.  I'm wondering what the major difference is between
a flat-top configuration and an inverted v, and how much signal I will
lose.  I haven't been on the air very much and to be honest, I have
forgotten a lot of antenna theory.  Guess it's time to study a little
bit.  I did use a QRV 40-10 antenna as an inverted V, but it wore out
from the weather and heavy use as a Field Day antenna.  I've heard the
Carolina is better and fits in about the same space.  I appreciate any
help about this antenna.

Thanks.
Marty Blaise
AG5T