[TowerTalk] Measuring Terrain Slope / Elevation

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Measuring Terrain Slope / Elevation
From: aa6eg@hh.tmx.com (Pat Barthelow)
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 18:26:05 -0800 (PST)
HI Brian,

Yes, it is possible to get millimeter accuracy using sophisticated
techniques in GPS, but it is not trivial, or cheap.  Such accuracy
requires
Surveying grade GPS receievers, simultaneous measurement, fancy data
stream integration (from the users GPS receiver, and the Differential
Reference receiver) and application of post processing software.  I
believe that a A cheap, handheld, real time Differential receiver using
simple techniques should resolve to 30 ft horizontal, and less than that
horizontal...

73, DX, de Pat, AA6EG/N6IJ;

aa6eg@hh.tmx.com

599 DX Drive, Marina CA 93933
"The Contest Station from the Government"