[TowerTalk] 30 meter dipole

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 30 meter dipole
From: n4kg@juno.com (T A RUSSELL)
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 18:41:16 -0600
Theoretically, a TH3 boom can be matched on 40M
with somewhat less bandwidth than a 24 ft boom tribander.

The further out on the boom, the higher the resistive component
of the feed impedance.  An OMEGA match can be used to raise
the resistive component when tapped below the 50 ohm point,
probably with less bandwidth.

It may be worth while using the full boom length to maximize
the resistive component.  Two matches could be installed,
one to each end, for 30 and 40M, using separate feedlines
or relay switching to one feedline.  NEVER connect separate
radios to the separate feedlines (unless you enjoy replacing
front end components in receivers).

de  Tom  N4KG

On Wed, 23 Dec 1998 16:27:42 -0800 Tom Osborne <w7why@harborside.com>
writes:

>Hi all
>Has anyone ever used a TH-3 for a rotary dipole on 30 meters?  If
>so, how long should the gamma match be?  I think it would be too
>short for 40 meters.  Thanks and Happy Holidays.
>Tom W7WHY
>
>--

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]