Fwd: [TowerTalk] FW: Help - 80m 4 square

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Fwd: [TowerTalk] FW: Help - 80m 4 square
From: DavisRFinc@aol.com (DavisRFinc@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 13:49:52 EST

--part0_914525396_boundary

From: DavisRFinc@aol.com
To: n2tk@idsi.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] FW: Help - 80m 4 square
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 13:47:55 EST

Hi Tony,  I'm not an authority on 4 squares but I have one on 80m.  Also, =
was part of Colatchco, Inc. along with W1FC and W1CF (silent key).  I was =
in a
meeting with John ON4UN when he met with W1FC and me wherein Fred, W1FC,
imparted all of his 4 sqr. knowledge for the benefit of hams, via ON4UN's
book, Low Band DX'g.
More radials sounds like a likely efficiencey improvement for you.  The ol=
theory being a max of 120, 1/4 wave long vs. a 1/4 w. vertical.  With resp=
ect
to "how vertical is vertical", I believe that this type of vertical should
work ok with respect to departure angle or electrical characteristics to a
maximum of around (? my memory) 35 degrees off perpendicular to ground.
That's about all I can contribute.  Good luck,  Steve Davis, K1PEK,  DAVIS=
 RF
Co.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------=
----
---------------------------
DAVIS RF Co., Commercial wire/cable, RF connectors, custom cable design.
Discounts to hams..........BURY-FLEX =99 low loss HF-microwave HDPE coax;
....FLEX-WEAVE=99 aerial wire. Registered trademarks of Davis Associates, =
Inc. .
.LMR =99, Heliax=99, PolyPhaser Tm, etc.  Visit our web site at  www.davis=
RF.com.
1-800-328-4773   (1-800-DAVIS RF).    PRICE LEADERS OF LMR, HELIAX, RFS.
"The Triad":   DAVIS RF Co., ORION WIRE CORP and The WIREMAN:=09Three type=
s of
expertise, three corporate buying power and customer inter-personal
relationships benefitting all.

--part0_914525396_boundary--