[TowerTalk] Windloading

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Windloading
From: alsopb@gloryroad.net (alsopb)
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 1998 20:34:10 +0000
This brings up an interesting questions.

Say your tower is rated for a 15 sq foot antenna.  What if I put this
antenna not at the top of a tower with 3 sets of guys but at the
location of the second (or first) set of guys.  Would there be extra
capacity in the tower left to then put something else on top?

In otherwords, does 15 sq foot rating assumes the antenna is at the top?
Distributing the loading differently could get you extra capability?

What failure mode is limiting and how does distributing the load
vertically impact it?

de Brian/K3KO