[TowerTalk] Triex HD354 Tower Help - Thanks to all

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Triex HD354 Tower Help - Thanks to all
From: senesi@hotmail.com (robert senesi)
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 12:06:21 PST
Hello Folks,

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank all the TowerTalkians
who helped me with getting my 2nd hand Triex HD354 motorized
crankup/tiltover erected. Although it's an oldie it is performing like
new. The info I was provided with by hams on this reflector was
invaluable in assisting me with performing the proper maintenance, prep
work, base info, rebuilding and fabrication of parts.

I decided to have the base fabricated locally and, thanks to a local
ham/welder/fabricator, the base was fabricated quickly and accurately. I
wound up saving the cost of shipping the base from California (about
$175.00) by having the base fabricated locally and the construction of
the cage is a bit beefier.

The major lessons I can take away from all this is:
Have a plan formulized and stick to it,
Don't be in such a hurry,
When in doubt seek help/info  (easy to do on Tower Talk),
Do not cut corners especially on component quality and concrete

Thanks to all for their info/expertise especially Skip - KJ6Y, Hank -
KN6DI, and ED - W4EP.

Tnx agn and 73,

Bob K8NY
Wild and wonderful West Virginia