[TowerTalk] YT and Stacking.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] YT and Stacking.
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 1999 18:59:50 +0000
At 07:20 AM 1/2/99 -0800, Geoiii wrote:

>> >    For example, you should be cautious specifying spacings less than
>> >        about 20 feet on 20 meters (and proportionately scaled on other
>> >        bands) because of mutual-coupling effects between real antennas.
>>
>> I also wonder if there is a misprint in that manual.  First it says, "for
>> antennas stacked less than about a half wavelength apart this is not a
>> problem."  Then it says "... you should be cautious specifying spacings
>> less than about 20 feet ...."  Whaaa?
>
>20 ft on 20 meters.......

I know, but the two sentences seem to say opposite things.  The first one
says spacings less than 1/2 WL (33 ft on 20) are not a problem.  The next
one says that you should be cautious specifying spacing less than 20 feet
on 20 meters.  The first seems to say 33 feet or less is OK, while the
second says less than 20 feet is a problem.

73, Pete Smith N4ZR
n4zr@contesting.com

Loud is good.