[TowerTalk] sad day for ham radio

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] sad day for ham radio
From: sales@advantagecomm.net (Scott Bullock)
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 19:01:54 -0500
For all you YO users: this was in the ARRL letter today, thought others not
subscribed might be interested in this:

* K6STI goes out of software business: Ham radio software developer Brian

Beezley, K6STI, has gone out of business. Beezley says he's dropping

distribution and further software development as a result of the piracy of

his RITTY radioteletype program. He says an overseas ham broke the copy

protection on a demo version of his program and posted the pirated version

on the Internet. That prompted him to discontinue selling software

altogether, he said. "I've just had enough of it. I'm really quite disgusted

and bitter," Beezley remarked. "I hate being stolen from." He said his

software business was his main source of income, and he's not sure what

he'll do next. Dick Stevens, N1RCT, who runs the "All Things RTTY" Web site

(http://www.megalink.net/~n1rct/) called it "a sad day." He has pulled all

versions of RITTY from his site. Beezley said he'll sell RITTY "if somebody

wants it" but he has no plans to offer support or further program

enhancements. He also had developed five antenna programs, including the

Yagi-optimizing program YO. Beezley remains available only via the USPS at

3532 Linda Vista Dr, San Marcos, CA 92069. He no longer has e-mail service.

<bold><bigger>

Advantage Communications

</bigger></bold>Professional Wireless Communications

www.advantagecomm.net

978-568-1944