[TowerTalk] 50:75 ohm transformation

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 50:75 ohm transformation
From: n7ml@imt.net (Mike Lamb)
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 15:27:39 +0000
Hello Pete,

Yes, you are quite right if you are operating only on one band.  I use my coax
for feeding a triband stack and it needs to be flat across that portion of the
spectrum.  Parenthetically, I had a devil of a time getting a respectable SWR
with my stack last summer after 3 years of no maintenance.  I finally had to
just make everything flat to 50 ohms  with UNUNs, etc. and it finally started
behaving.  Before, I just went direct from 50 to 75 ohms and vice versa.  That
introduced all kinds of strange impedances back in the shack at different
frequencies.

73/Mike, N7ML