[TowerTalk] Yagi Separation

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yagi Separation
From: Clive Penna" <clive@gm3poi.prestel.co.uk (Clive Penna)
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 00:15:10 -0000
Hi Gary and Bill W4AN, Thanks for your comments and to everybody else as
well. According to the modelling so far the F/B and SWR are not badly
affected by the Yagi interaction, and the gain drop is not something that
might be easily noticed. But i don't want to throw away the gain difference
between a 5el and a 3el by interaction.
I don't use YO so i can't see if it is possible to retrieve any lost gain do
to it.  Short of having separate 15 and 10m towers i think I'll settle for
the 15&10m Yagis at right angles. I don't like the idea of a 4el 10m
flapping around
on a 12ft stub mast in a 125mph gust!!. 73 Clive GM3POI