[TowerTalk] A Sad Precedent

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] A Sad Precedent
From: ronc@sonic.net (Ron Castro)
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 09:04:06 -0800
Alan D. Gray wrote:

> Instigators?...Guess they had no right to complain if the cell tower lowered
> their property value?  A big corporation profits while they lose...seems

Excuse me, but I seem to get the jist that the $1,200,000 award was just
10% of the property value.  It's hard to imagine anybody with a $12
million dollar home that didn't get it by "big corperate profits"!

What's even more guiling is that these rich people probably have cell
phone, pagers etc., and so do their lawyers, their gardners, servents,
maids, etc.
> fair, right? ,,,and after all, it wasn't next to your house!

That's just the point!  That's where they end up so the rich can have
their view, and there cell phones/  If they don't want to see towers,
they could buy the property (everything is for sale) or move someplace
else.

> Jurors? .... Guess they knew less about this whole mess than we do; after

Just remember, jurors let OJ go scott free!

Ron N6AHA