[TowerTalk] Side Mounts

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Side Mounts
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 11:49:05 EST
In a message dated 99-02-24 11:32:54 EST, Fatchett.Mike@tci.com writes:

> I am looking for recommendations for side mounts.  I want to side mount a
>  small tribander at about 50ft.  The tower is Rohn 45.
>
>  Force 12 had one at one time and IIX has one.

       The IIX clamps onto one leg and needs to be braced to prevent it from
turning. It puts all the forces on one leg and is kind of light to medium-
duty. I haven't seen the F12 version but suspect that it's well done in light
of the normally excellent F12 mechanical designs.

     You can fabricate one yourself pretty easily. You just need some U-bolts,
four pieces of angle iron and a couple of flat plates. I've got 2 (and
possibly 3) reprints of sidemount articles. Two bucks will get you all of them
(Box 572, Woodinville, WA, 98072).

Cheers,  Steve   K7LXC
Tower Tech
Champion Radio Products