[TowerTalk] Rplacement stud bolt

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rplacement stud bolt
From: dhearn@ix.netcom.com (dan hearn)
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 18:56:24 -0800
Tnx Mike. I have doubts if an  epoxy bond will develop enough strength to hold a
large bolt to its tensile breaking strength. Would like to see some test data on
this. The strength of a bolt goes up as the square of its diameter (cross
sectional area) but the epoxy bonds to the surface which increases only
proportional to its diameter. As the bolts become larger and larger in diameter,
the epoxy bond faces increasing difficulty in holding it to its ultimate
breaking strength. In construction,  I believe, bolts are seldom stressed
anywhere near their ultimate strength.