[TowerTalk] Rplacement stud bolt

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rplacement stud bolt
From: kb3aug@juno.com (Bill Hinkle)
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 21:53:55 -0500

Jan, I would forget about installing a new base bolt. I would take the
tower base to a welding shop and have them weld a plate over the top(if
the tower will not hit it) of the new T and drill a new hole in the right
place. They could even fill the existing hole with weld by placing a
copper bar on the bottom side and just fill it in with weld and then
drill the hole in the right place (the weld will not stick to the
copper). If your base bolt extends out far enough you could run a nut
down on all three of them and install the base plate. That way it would
not have a place to trap water if you do not get the base plate
galvanized after the welding. I think either of these would be better
then epoxy! You have a BIG lever there!

73, Bill KB3AUG