[TowerTalk] Elements out of Horizontal plane

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Elements out of Horizontal plane
From: baycock@hiwaay.net (Bill Aycock)
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 11:06:20 -0600
This a request for comment about a slightly different aspect of a thread
covered here recently, particularly by LB.

My Tribander (a Cushcraft ATB34, an earlier version of the current
tribander) has been shifted by winter winds. The direction has shifted by
about 25 deg, and the plane has shifted about 10 deg.  The whole antenna
tipped - not just one element. The rotation is around the boom. The problem
stemmed from my inexperience in the clamping force needed.  I can fix that,
this spring, but I was wondering if the tipping will have a significant
effect. LB did enough analysis on the tipping of the reflector only to show
that it should be fixed.

This is not a question that requires much work- I just want opinion, or
experience with similar deviation. It's not worth the effort to do lots of
work.

Thanks for any comment-
Bill- W4BSG
-