[TowerTalk] Retuning TH-7DX

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Retuning TH-7DX
From: mcduffie@scottsbluff.net (Gary McDuffie, Sr.)
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 21:55:17 -0600
Has anyone experimented with moving the TH-7 down band?  I'm about to
put one up.  The previous owner had marked in the book what he measured
for VSWR and I'm a little worried.  I would like to shift the 20m band
down a little, and the 15m and 10m bands down even more.  Fifteen,
especially, was quite high at 2.5:1 at 21.0, resonating near 21.4.

Since I favor the bottom of the phone band, and cw, I would like to make
some changes.  I realize I have no idea how accurately he measured, or
with what instrument.  Obviously, I'm going to use my own measurements
to confirm the readings myself.  This is more of a what-if question,
just in case.  I've already checked measurements and tightened hardware.
Measurements were very close (1-2 sixteenths), with the only errors
being slight, and in the direction I need to go.

By the way, my mounting situation will be similar to his, since the
tower is part of the package I'm buying.

Any specific recommendations will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Gary - AGØN
mcduffie@scottsbluff.net