[TowerTalk] Lightning protection grounding

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Lightning protection grounding
From: Dick Green" <dick.green@valley.net (Dick Green)
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 11:21:58 -0400
>      Don't forget that a crank-up has cables connecting all the sections.
> It's one big lump of steel as far as being a conductor is concerned.

Yes, but I'd be concerned that the sections are electrically bonded only via
the contact area between the steel cables and pulleys. Wouldn't
dirt/lubricant on the cable and in the pulley grooves tend to make that
contact unreliable? I've seen recommendations on bonding crankup tower
sections together for the purposes of improving lightning protection, but
always felt that was not really feasible.

Has anyone out there had success or problems shunt-feeding crankups on 160M?

73, Dick, WC1M