[TowerTalk] Cutting EHS

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cutting EHS
From: gjerning@flash.net (Arne Gjerning)
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 03:42:26 -0700
I have used large bolt/cable cutters with success. Also the unsafe way of
a cold chisel, hammer and anvil.

However, a small grinder should work well. Harbor Freight sells one for
under $20.00 and its a nice little unit. Used mine today to prep 2x6
steel tubing for bumpers for my 4X4 (building 3 sets of front/rear
bumpers for Cherokees) so know they work well. Many good size cities have
a retail outlet for Harbor Freight or try their web site
www.harborfreight.com

Orders can be placed on the web also and free shipping if order over
$50.00. I suggest the 4 1/2 inch grinder.

One way to keep strands together is to wrap some common 12/14 ga copper
wire around the guy wire close to the cut. Works for me.

de Arne N7KA
New Mexico