[TowerTalk] EHS Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] EHS Question
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 16:30:26 -0400
Date sent:              Sun, 25 Apr 1999 01:05:43 -0700
To:                     towertalk@contesting.com
From:                   "Mike Nash, ND6A" <no6x@inreach.com>

> OK the dumb kid has a question again. Following this thread of cutting EHS
> cable something has gotten my interest. APPARENTLY I have never seen
> EHS...

I cut EHS steel strand all the time, and all I use are a good set of
bolt cutters. Snip, and the end looks fine! Never a problem, and I
use the same bolt cutters for years before tossing them out.

When I read about cutting wheels, plasma torches, and everything
else I wonder what kind of bolt cutters people are trying to use???

And yes, the cable I cut is EHS steel. Been cutting it since 1970,
and never a problem even with 5/16" .

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com