[TowerTalk] Mounting in the tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mounting in the tower
From: K7NV@contesting.com (Kurt Andress)
Date: Sun, 09 May 1999 09:30:21 -0700
Steve Maki wrote:

> No. The best idea is to not install these stacked monstrosities which can
> be nightmares to service.
>
> Install a taller tower, put a single large beam at the top which can be
> turned by a rotator in the conventional spot, and sidemount your other
> antennas.
>
> Crankup tower owners: disregard.
>
> 73, Steve K8LX

A good way to avoid having to figure out how to solve the problem!

I think more towers that are taller with more rotors would also be better!

Everyone gets to decide which configuration is best for their situation.

Just like your solution,  a properly designed and installed stack is just one of
many options.

--
73, Kurt, K7NV