[TowerTalk] Hy-Gain dropping amateur line

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hy-Gain dropping amateur line
From: rhodes@willinet.net (Jim Rhodes)
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 00:02:38 -0500
Hopefully they will keep the same people on at the plant, whomever the new
owners are. I have truely been impressed by the service I have received
from them in the past (even back to the pre-Telex days).  If my feeble
memory serves me correctly there was not a big turnover when Telex
purchased the company.  I suppose I could deal with someone else, but it
sure is nice to have them fairly close at hand if needed.  I would really
hate to see them move the company out of Lincoln..

At 08:28 PM 5/10/99 -0400, you wrote:

>> I just got off the phone with Hy-Gain/Telex.  During the conversation,
>it came out that they were just informed today that the entire amateur
>line is being sold.  This includes rotors.
>
>Who is buying the company, and why do you believe that this will degrade
>service?
>
>73, Dick, WC1M
>

>--

Jim Rhodes KC0XU