[TowerTalk] FCC strategy for line noise problem?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FCC strategy for line noise problem?
From: k5iid@wvadventures.net (Tom Horton)
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 07:51:44 -0400

Pat,
 Several months ago, the line noise was driving me crazy at my QTH.
I heard of a FCC number you could call and get help...I did so and all
I got was an answering machine and never got a reply to my message.
 After fighting (not literally) with the power company for months,ie.,
 letters, phone calls, and even e-mails, I called the Public Service
Commission...two days later the power company was here and wanting
to help. They spent several days in the neighborhood, and did a lot of good...
but there is still more to be done. The Power Company claims that all the
problems are fixed, but they aren't. I have a form on my desk to file a
"FormalComplaint" but have yet to do so.
 Do beware, however, as mentioned in earlier posts...the personnel
that they send out will probably have no idea of how to find the "noise".
 Good luck!
Tom K5IID

At 11:40 AM 6/21/99 -0500, Patrick Barkey wrote:

>Does anyone have any experience contacting the FCC
>about non-responsiveness by an electric utility for dealing
>with line noise?
>
>I've been after mine for almost a full year, and its obvious
>to me that they are never going to fix it.
>
>Tips and/or contacts at the FCC would be appreciated.
>(Yes, I am contacting the state public service commission
>as well).
>
>   - Pat
>     N9RV
>

>--