[TowerTalk] FCC strategy for line noise problem?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FCC strategy for line noise problem?
From: brian_smithson@vds.com (Brian Smithson)
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 11:32:12 -0400
I don't know if this applies to electric companies, but
I found a new way to deal with a cable company's lack of
response. I had cable installed a few houses ago in MI
and since it was winter they left the cable laying on
the ground from the pole to the house. They have me a
copy of a 'pending' work order for them to come back in
the spring to bury it. Spring came, no bury-dudes.
Repeated calls to the cable company resulted in nothing.
I even pointed out that it was time to mow, so they had
better either bring a trencher or a splicer!

I learned that cable companies are granted monopolies
by the city that are periodically renewed (in my case
it was 5-10 years). I called the city clerk who referred
me to the city planning office. I explained my problem.
Cable dudes were out the very next day.

Is there any similar leverage to apply to power co's?

-Brian n8wrl