[TowerTalk] steel rotor plate on aluminum Tower?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] steel rotor plate on aluminum Tower?
From: tao@skypoint.com (Tod-ID)
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 16:55:51 -0600
Steve:

Most of us who have used aluminum towers for any length of time have
substituted stainless steel for the original bolts for the aluminum towers.
In fact, I replaced all of the bolts in one of my towers with stainless
steel rod held in place with stainless washers and stainless cotter pins.
Lots of work to cut and drill the rod, but the result has been that for the
past 20 years I never worried about electrolytic changes to the diameters.
(I do check everything at least once each year).

The concrete stubbs have stainless rod too and the metal part that is not
stainless is cleaned and painted on a regular basis. (nice thing is that it
is at ground level !).

Personally, I would use an aluminum plate --- or maybe one made of
stainless.

Tod, K0TO