[TowerTalk] Lightning protection

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Lightning protection
From: mcduffie@scottsbluff.net (Gary McDuffie, Sr.)
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 22:39:01 -0600
On Fri, 30 Jul 1999 01:25:42 +0100, Pete Smith wrote:

> From what they could tell me, the
> theory is that the big suppressor clamps the spikes to a few hundred volts,
> so that the individual units can handle what's left.

The GE version of this clamps to 175V.  28 years ago, they sold for
$12.50 each.  That was before the marketing dept got hold of them and
decided they were worth 5-6 times that.  I still have a brand new one as
a spare, one mounted in my repeater rack, and one on the house entrance.

Gary
--
Please notify your ISP if you don't receive this.