[TowerTalk] 1

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 1
From: mcduffie@scottsbluff.net (Gary McDuffie, Sr.)
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 1999 12:37:42 -0600
On Sun, 8 Aug 1999 14:13:13 -0400, Tom Rauch wrote:

> I'd wager there is NOT an abrupt change in
> anything at the tree level at HF, since even 144 MHz signals are
> barely affected.

Can't speak for the HF side, but 144 sigs are very much attenuated with
trees.  There is a tremendous change in signal levels between winter and
summer when the vegetation is on the limbs.  Of course, 440 sigs are
even worse.  In northern CA, when you drive into the wooded areas, it is
like disconnecting the antenna.

Gary
--
Please notify your ISP if you don't receive this.