[TowerTalk] from w4bsg

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] from w4bsg
From: mihry@argontech.net (Michael D. Ihry)
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 20:06:17 -0500
Michael forwarded a note concerning noise on 40M, in a Ford Deisel
pickup.
A comment was made that, even if the source under the hood was located
with
a probe- the ID of the source would not be known.

If I make make an observation- the Pseudo-shop manuals for almost all
motor
vehicles made in the last 30 or so years are available at most auto
parts
stores. I, personally, have not had a vehicle in that many years for
which
I did not have such a manual. They cost less than $20 for most cars.
Haynes
and Chilton are two well known brands.

If that is not convenient, most libraries have sections containing
automotive data that is even more detailed than these manuals. I have
had
occasion to check details of wiring harnesses in my Nissan Pickup, and
the
library was a great source.

A mystery like this is usually solveable- the use of the probe, and
reference to a manual for ID of the source, is my recommendation. Even
deisels have electrical circuits that can be less than well designed,
from
an interference standpoint.

When you find the source- Bitch to Ford and let us know, as well.
(please)

Bill-W4BSG
-
Bill Aycock   ---   Persimmon Hill