[TowerTalk] Grounding photo link and ?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Grounding photo link and ?
From: jlangdon@outer.net (John Langdon)
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 21:13:11 -0500

Forget all the wire options - even the biggest wire is not as good as the
strap.  I would use some sort of compression clamp to compress the strap
against on of the flat surfaces of the tower leg where the 3 bolts are. I am
not sure about the Aluminum to Copper junction - but stainless in between
the two can't hurt.  Try to make the path over to the ground rod a smooth
curve - any kinks or turns are like a choke stopping the flow of energy.  I
would put at least a rod on each leg and tie the three rods together with
strap also.  If you are in low conductivity soil put several straps out as
far as you can manage and bury them 6" or so.

73 John N5CQ