[TowerTalk] BELDEN 9913 COAX PROBLEMS?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] BELDEN 9913 COAX PROBLEMS?
From: ka4inm@gate.net (Ron Youvan)
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 99 03:37:23 PDT
Hi:
<< My preferred method of measuring cable loss is to use a spectrum analyzer
and a
tracking generator.  (Yes, I have one that works up to 1.8 GHz.)  >>

  Yes I have a new Tektronix 2712 with an internal tracking generator 9 kc -
1.8 gHz
I use it to measure the gain/attinuation through various things.

  The Tek. 1505 was the OLD TDR, now discontinued, I use it to observe/meassure
 & chart record the surge impedance of transmission lines and measure the length
of installed cables to figure out which way it must be going (by it's length)
when
it's label is `lost strayed or stolen.' (5 volts DC will kill it! which is why
it was dis-
continued)

      73 (= Best Regards)  de Ron ka4inm@qsl.net
 VISIT my HAM WEB SITE at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm