[TowerTalk] Suitable Mast + Thrust bearing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Suitable Mast + Thrust bearing
From: radio_9k2ub@yahoo.com (mohammad almutairi)
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 03:29:38 -0700 (PDT)
Hello again,

How about 1.9" OD   SS 316L Sch 80  Pipe ?

As for the thrust bearing , after seeing it in the shop this morning ,
the general description as written in the the page cataloge is as
follows: Product 121B is a bronze/oil bearing which allows you to use
masts up to 2 3/16" in diameter. The thrust bearing can be bolted to
all high gain crank-up towers if the rotator mounts below the top
plate.
I have never used a thrust bearing befor , I am not sure if this model
is simmilar to the Hy gain TB3 one. The bearing collar in this one just
sits on top of the bearing flange . I really don't if the others use
ball bearings or not ?