[TowerTalk] To pin or not Rrilling 4130

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] To pin or not Rrilling 4130
From: kn6di@groupone.net (Dan 'Hank' Arney)
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 05:36:30 -0700
For the life of me I do not understand what the big deal is of drilling
4130. If you use a SHARP drill, correct SPEED, exert a fair amount  of
PRESSURE and some lubricant it is like a hot knife going through butter.

If you are doing it all correct you should get nice little spirals as
the drill eats up the 4130, if you are getting chips then you are doing
all of the above WRONG
You can double drill it if like 3/8 or 1/2" with a 3/16 or 1/4"

With the correct flute angles you can drill SS and plastics just as
well.

My .02 centavos

Hank