No subject

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: No subject
From: mwdink@eskimo.com (Michael Dinkelman)
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 08:39:14 -0700
You are doing it right - be happy!

Here is one we took down this weekend.
New home owner just wanted it down, no cost.
An old CB antenna installation on Rohn 25 - one of those quad looking thing's
Sometimes you have to walk away from these things or just push 'em over.
Not worth the risk. This one was close. Thank goodness it was only three
sections.

The bottom was in cement - the only thing right - almost.

The house "Bracket" was pipe strapping (that metal roll stuff with the
holes in it) over two of the legs nailed to the railing of the deck. The
deck was in worse shape than the tower - don't know who was holding who up.

One bolt in each tower leg - bolts from the local hardware store. The
plated machine screw type, too small for the hole they where in. We found
the Rohn bolts still in the legs (notice to all new Rohn buyers - the bolts
ARE IN THE LEGS! <g>)

Two guys wires - cloths hanging wire - to the 4 foot chain link fence. NO,
not the cemented posts but the horizontal members.

Cut the bottom section from the concrete pad which was covered in 6 inches of
wet dirt. The water just flow out from the legs from lack of drainage.

73
Dink, N7WA
mwdink@eskimo.com
Kent, WA

A status update for those of you that have been good to give me advice over
the last month as I planned my 30 Rohn 25 bracketed tower....
You are doing it right - be happy!

Here is one we took down this weekend.
New home owner just wanted it down, no cost.
An old CB antenna installation on Rohn 25 - one of those quad looking thing's

Thank goodness it was only three sections. The bottom was in cement - the only
thing almost right - almost.