[TowerTalk] 4-square question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 4-square question
From: k4sqr@juno.com (Jim MIller)
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 16:15:30 -0400
Andrew,

The power split is four ways, ie, with 100 watts, 25w to each vertical.
So whatever the transmitted power was at ZL9CI, one-fourth was sent to
each vertical by the Comtek Systems ACB-40 Hybrid we furnished for the
Campbell Island operation.
(-180 -90-90 & 0 degrees.)
73,
Jim, K4SQR
Comtek Systems
www.comteksystems.com
E-Mail: comtek4@juno.com

On Sat, 25 Sep 1999 17:44:05 +0100 Andrew Williamson
<andrew@gi0nwg.freeserve.co.uk> writes:

>  Hi all,
>
> I have a simple (dumb) query about the operation of a 4-square.
>
> Assume that the four verticals are properly tuned and are being fed
> with  a standard hybrid coupler through RG11 coax and I am operating at

> the  resonant point.
>
> If I feed the array with 100W, what is the power split to each
> element. Is it 25W, only fed +/- 90 degrees, or some other split?
Basically,