[TowerTalk] 4-square question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 4-square question
From: b4e@earthlink.net (DavidC)
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 20:38:27 -0400
Dear 4-Square Knowledgeable Hams:

  I've been to the Comtek site but have many questions not answered there.

1.  What is the total cost for an complete elevated 40m 4-square system?
     It looks to be something over $500.

2.  How does the pattern and peformance compare to something like the
     40m 3-way system at:  http://www.cebik.com/tri.html  ... guesstimates?

3.  May either the 4-square or 3-way system be loaded for other than the
     design band?  How much less-than-optimal are the real-world results?

   I had already started the acquisition of parts for a 3-way but wish to
take
a last hard look at the 4-square ... though the cost difference appears
large
and the performance difference not equally large.

Thanks! & 73, DavidC  K1YP