[TowerTalk] Re: c3 vs tennadyne

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: c3 vs tennadyne
From: w7why@harborside.com (Tom Osborne)
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 16:10:34 -0700

Mark KI7WX Wrote:

> Performance of 2 and 3L yagis is well established so you can
> make your own good call about how things should perform for >you. To my
> knowledge, nobody has gotten any magic over anyone >else and in the end it's
> more fun to get on and make contacts >than to sweat 0.25 db on a gain figure
> or 3 db on F/B.

So true!  I remember years ago, I was going to get my first beam.
I was a broke teen-ager so those Gotham (remember those) antennas
looked pretty good to me.  $21.95 for a 3 el. 20.  An old timer
told me to get a Telrex.  He said they cost a lot more money so
they should work a lot better.  I tried to find out why, but all
he could come up with is that it cost more so it had to be
better.  An antenna is an antenna is an antenna!!  Any pieces of
aluminum the same length on the same length boom is going to work
the same no matter how much it costs.  Now, how long it will stay
together is a different story!!  73
Tom W7WHY