[TowerTalk] Liquid Electrical Tape thinner answer

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Liquid Electrical Tape thinner answer
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 09:26:04 EDT
In a message dated 99-10-08 05:25:43 EDT, Tower2sell@aol.com writes:

> > Have you only used the Black?  The Red has started flaking off here in
>  >  Illinois after 10 months in the air.  I didn't know they made different
>  >  colors till I got it home.  If your getting years out of the black,
there
>  >  must be a difference.
>
>  This is interesting... I've noticed that the color red does not last long
>  anywhere. Look at the signs and roofs and other things painted red and you
>  will come to similar conclusion - don't use red outdoors.
>  Black on the other hand seems to last the best.

      That's true but doesn't that refer to the *pigment* used? The color
might fade but the material itself doesn't necessarily "fade". I confess that
I don't have any longterm experience with Liquid Electrical Tape of any color.

     I started using a non-black color when I realized that when applying
black LET on black electrical tape, I couldn't tell where I had painted and
where I hadn't. Now THAT'S a pain.

Cheers,    Steve     K7LXC