[TowerTalk] 7/16" Aluminum Tubing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 7/16" Aluminum Tubing
From: frenaye@pcnet.com (Tom Frenaye)
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 18:19:01 -0400
I ordered some from HyGain earlier this week.   About $7 for a 6' piece.
The guy I talked to said he had about a dozen pieces left in stock.
I thought TexasTowers would be the place to get it also, but they don't
carry that size.
(seems like something they ought to carry - the standard end tip size for
HyGain 20-15-10m monobanders.)

         -- Tom

At 01:12 PM 10/27/99 -0400, you wrote:

>I'm in the process of refurbishing a 10 meter beam and need to find two five
>foot pieces of 7/16" O.D. aluminum tubing to mate properly with the swaged
>ends of the preceding element section. Have struck out so far with local
>sources, and texas towers does not stock this size.
>
>Any leads on where I can get this "miniscule" order filled at a reasonable
>cost and with prompt delivery?
>
>Thanks,
>George
>Amateur Radio Station K3GP - Alliance, Ohio - Grid Square EN90kv - ARRL Life
>Member
>                                  Web page: www.qsl.net/k3gp
>
>"I'd never belong to a club that would have me as a member" -
>                                              Groucho Marx
>

>--

e-mail: frenaye@pcnet.com    YCCC --> http://www.yccc.org/
Tom Frenaye, K1KI, P O Box 386, West Suffield CT 06093 Phone: 860-668-5444