[TowerTalk] R-7000 & What is going on at Cushcraft?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] R-7000 & What is going on at Cushcraft?
From: biskit@snip.net (Tom H)
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 21:15:03 -0400
'TUF and 'tawkers,

I'm amazed at the variety of service you can get from Cushcraft.  Last
Thursday I requested a price through their web site for 15 trap caps for an
A3 I'm rebuilding.  I got a response on Friday (a buck and a quarter! What a
rip!), gave them my credit card number, and they were here this afternoon
via FedEx.  Yet when I tried to order some major parts for a 2 meter Boomer,
they told me that these parts weren't even listed as spares, and wouldn't
give a price on them!  So after I rebuild my A3, that's it for Cushcraft.
Despite their big presence at Dayton, I'm inclined to think they don't give
a damn about us, and would rather market the commercial stuff.

7  3, Tom K3GM

<snip>
> As for Cushcraft -  My beef is - I have been trying for almost five weeks
> order a new trap and it was only in the past few days (after my friendly
HRO