[TowerTalk] New erection

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] New erection
From: mcduffie@scottsbluff.net (Gary McDuffie, Sr.)
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 10:30:27 -0700

I'd like to hear comment on something the concrete people told me when I
put in my base.  I think it might be important for those who haven't
done it before.

I was told that the use of the vibrator is a good idea, but that
over-using it can cause problems with the concrete.  If you vibrate it
beyond what it takes to get it to fill in the gaps, it begins to
separate the components of the concrete.  I noticed some of that when I
was playing with it in my pour.  Keep use of the vibrator to just what
it takes.  Don't over-do it.

What my dad wouldn't have given for a concrete vibrator in his day!  If
you haven't seen one work, they truly are magic!

Gary
--
Please notify your ISP if you don't receive this.