[TowerTalk] Copper and Aluminum

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Copper and Aluminum
From: aa4nn@juno.com (Joe L Blackwell)
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 11:18:00 -0500
Greetings,

Speaking of copper and aluminum...  In laying out temporary radials for
the 160 Inv L, I am using aluminum electric fence wire, 17 gauge.  In
order to connect radials to the 18" diameter grounding ring at the base
of the Inv L, my idea is to grab a few aluminum ends and wire nut them to
a short piece of 14 guage copper, using antioxidant, and  then solder the
copper end to the grounding ring.  Wouldn't this connection survive
through March 2000?  Better or worse to tin the 14 guage copper before
wire nutting to the aluminum ends?   Comments appreciated.

Vy 73, de Joe, AA4NN

Eastern Top Band ARC,  Carolina DX Assn,  Carolina CW Ops,
Fairfield County Contesters, Ten-Tec only, CW only.
eeetet   ee