[TowerTalk] Tri Ex

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tri Ex
From: wa2moe@doitnow.com (Stu Greene)
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 16:06:53 -0700
If you read the previous postings (you might have to go to the archives),
it seemed to me that StrabDoc@aol.com was taking a cheap and anonymous shot
at a respected vendor of amateur towers.  The address and area code of the
NY State Attorney General is close to that vendor,  and I am making an
educated guess that StrabDoc@aol.com and the vendor in question have had
some problems with each other.

TowerTalk is not, in my view, an appropriate vehicle to claw anyone unless
the person doing the clawing does so with an identity disclosure.  You
yourself have disclosed your identity as NA1I which is fine.  Whoever
Strabdoc is, and I don't know, took what appears to me to be the low road
and attacked, out of the blue, and with protection of an e-mail address
which might have been coined by the CIA.

Al, you need not agree, but I hope you will give some thought to my
opinion. And by the way, in which Article of the Consitution is privacy
protected?

  73   Stu

At 05:14 PM 11/30/99 -0500, you wrote:

>Stew,
>I am not aware of any reason why someone has to post his or her call on
this or
>any  reflector, many do as a courtesy and because they like too see their
call
>letters flash by,  sort of a need for narcism.  On the other hand you will
note
>that many do not. The reflector is like any other site for dissemination of
>information, you will agree that Part 97. of the rules governing amateur
>communications do not encompass any segment of the news groups or assorted
>reflectors. If a person desires anonymity and privacy is an issue than
that is
>their choice which is  guaranteed under the US constitution for them to do
so.
>What ever this persons reason for not posting a call sign should really be
 NO