[TowerTalk] US Tower Motor Winch in Winter

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] US Tower Motor Winch in Winter
From: kinderh@cadvision.com (Steve Babcock)
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 17:30:25 -0700
Thanks for the info from "both Bills" regarding WD-40........
In actual fact i have applied a light oil to the threaded rods on my winch.
I did use the WD-40 mostly as a solvent to remove the heavy, grease that was
probably mixed (coated) with water from exposure and turned to "glue" in the
cold wx.  These threaded rods and drive nuts do not have real tight
tolerance anyway, so i don't think "excessive" lubrication is required.  I
inspect them monthly.

Steve Babcock