[TowerTalk] 30 Meter Yagi Recommendation

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 30 Meter Yagi Recommendation
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 19:58:40 -0600
Karl,

Wish you had mentioned the PRO 67 earlier.
It is kind of a "weak sister" on 40M , using a director
and short spacing. Probably better than a dipole
but not as good as the 2L "shorty forties" which
use .15 WL spaced reflectors for better gain and
bandwidth.

A better solution would be to tune the extended PRO67
elements to 30M and put a  2L40 above for 40M.  The
spacing of the PRO67 elements is better suited to 30M
and bandwidth is not a concern on that band.  A friend
has done this very configuration is quite pleased.

de  Tom  N4KG