[TowerTalk] Coax Advice?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Coax Advice?
From: jlanoue@timesmicrowave.com (Joe Lanoue)
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 07:15:53 -0500
Tower Talk Digest wrote:

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
> Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 06:57:08 -0500
> From: "N. S. FIRESTONE"
> Subject: [TowerTalk] Coax Advice?
>
> Has anybody used AIRCOM PLUS and/or AIRCELL 7?
>
> According to SSB Electronics ad, these cables  require special connectors
> to get to the rest of the world. I may have misunderstood that, maybe
> conventional connectors will work.
>
> Although not listed for direct burial would these cables survive a run
> across the back lawn from tower to shack?
>
> Any experience pro or con and advice would be welcomed.
>

> 73 de Nate, W3SVJ, in Pittsburgh where it's not so smokey anymore

The only caution with air dielectric cables is that they may accumulate
moisture, and eventually water, if they're not
pressurized. For direct burial you would be far better with a closed cell foam
dielectric coax like our LMR-600-DB
Watertight Flexible Coax or any of the corrugated copper cables.

The Aircell does likely require special connectors as do any of the low loss
high velocity cables whether the corrugated
copper or LMR. There are a number of manufacturers supplying corrugated copper
cable connectors and there are a number
of manufacturers that make connectors for LMR coax.

Best Regards ... Joe Lanoue (k1vdz)
Times Microwave Systems
203-949-8424;203-949-8423(fax)
(http://www.timesmicrowave.com)