[TowerTalk] W6AM installation described in book

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] W6AM installation described in book
From: 74237.2073@compuserve.com (James W. Fisher, Jr.)
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 10:29:37 -0500
Details on the W6AM installation are covered in the book, "Don C. Wallace,
W6AM, Amateur Radio's Pioneer", by Jan David Perkins, N6AW.  A flyer with
my copy says "Hardbound, 320 pages and 200 photographs (24 in color)
Price: $29.95
Available from Wallace & Wallace
11823 E. Siauson Ave., Suite 38
Sante Fe Springs, CA 90670"

Dunno if that info is still current.

P. 125 gives the history of the famous site, which was originally a
receiving site for Press Wireless, including a number of rhombics.
However, I believe Don continued to build and experiment.

There is also a classic work on rhombic antenna design (including
mechanical) in a book I believe was related to AT&T or Bell practices and
findings.  I believe it was published in the 30s.  I have from time to time
obtained it through interlibrary loan.

GL es 73,

Jim, VE1JF