[TowerTalk] Side mounting

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Side mounting
From: diverken@chaffee.net (Ken Eigsti)
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 08:16:26 -0700
HNY TTians;
Need the experience of tribander owners.

I have a humonguous tower (34" on a side, triangular) and have a side mount
@ 50'. Side mount is homemade and is very sturdy. Currently there is an A4s
on the side mount with HAM IV. The problem is the tower is so wide that the
antenna has very limited turning without the driven element hitting the
side of the tower. I was wondering if anyone knows of any tribander where
there is a pretty good space between the frist element and the center
boom/mast mount? If that first element from the mount was further out on
the boom, the turning radius would be greater.

My Force 12 C36XR has an element very close to the mount, so I assume the
Force 12 tribanders would not be an improvment in turning radius.

Any thoughts on other models of tribanders that might be an improvement
over the A4s? Thanks
73 Ken
W0LSD