[TowerTalk] Side mounting

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Side mounting
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 21:03:53 -0500
At 07:58 PM 1/4/01 -0600, Jay Terleski wrote:
>My Array Solutions Swinging Gate Side Mount can go on a larger tower and
>is the strongest side mount out there.
>It may fit on this mans tower if he is interested by adding an extension
>to the legs. We can have them welded on.  F12 now makes a stretch
>version of the C31?? Which may fit, Natan some help here? Of course a
>large beam like this needs the bearing plate that is in my mount to keep
>things moving smoothly on a big beam like this.
>
>Jay, WX0B
>I couldn't resist Stan, sorry.

I doubt this will help, since, at least for corner-mounted sidemounts, the
drawing on Stan's web site makes it clear that as long as the "gate" is as
wide as the tower side plus the rotor offset, the limiting factor is the
element spacing at the center of the antenna.

73, Pete N4ZR
Contesting is!

The World Contest Station Database
is back up and running at